22 | 0
by Daniel Chaitin | Oct 11, 2017, 5:34 PM
A former beauty pageant contestant, Miss Ohio USA from 2003 Candace Smith, tweeted out at White House counselor Kellyanne Conway about President Trump as Conway was mocking Hillary Clinton for taking so long to comment on the sexual assault controversy surrounding Harvey Weinstein.
"It took Hillary abt 5 minutes to blame NRA for madman's rampage, but 5 days to sorta-kinda blame Harvey Weinstein 4 his sexually assaults," Conway tweeted on Tuesday after Clinton issued a statement after being criticized by Republicans and Democrats alike for her extended silence on the issue.
To this, John Fugelsang an actor and host of "Page Six TV," made a thinly veiled reference to Trump and his questionable treatment of women in the past.
"That's nothing - some ppl are at 53 weeks & counting for their particular predator," he tweeted.
That's when Smith replied Wednesday asking, "Can you ask @KellyannePolls why Trump was even in my dressing room at Miss USA? I'm just trying to under the purpose."
Conway did not immediately return the Washington Examiner's request for comment.
Trump owned the Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA pageants from 1996 until 2015.
During the 2016 campaign, questions of inappropriate behavior surrounding then-candidate Trump swirled about when he would walk in, unannounced, into the Miss Teen USA dressing room while some of the contestants were naked.
Four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant told BuzzFeed about Trump walking in on them while they were changing, and later a fifth contestant came forth, Tasha Dixon, from the pageant in 2001.
Smith, who competed in 2003, was not one of these women.
Related: Anthony Bourdain is right about Harvey Weinstein and Hillary Clinton
CNN uncovered an interview Trump did with Howard Stern back in 2005, when he explained that he would sometimes go backstage at Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants for inspections, though he didn't say he did at Miss Teen USA pageants.
"Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that I'll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it. You know, I'm inspecting, I want to make sure that everything is good," Trump said.
"You know, the dresses. ‘Is everyone okay?' You know, they're standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?' And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good," he added.
Conway was previously asked about the former teenage contestants' allegations and Trump's comments to Stern during the 2016 campaign while serving as Trump's campaign manager and refused to speculate about events she did not attend.
"I can't comment on what she's saying because I'm not her and I wasn't in the pageant or any other pageant." She told CNN, "What she described was pretty graphic and detailed, so let's not conflate the two."
Trump himself was asked about these claims by a New York Times reporter, to which he said, "None of this ever took place." He also threatened to sue to Times.
Nenhum comentário postado para este post.